Wednesday 8 June 2011

That's Entertainment 4th June 2011 - Metrocentre Gateshead



What a Troop this was! I don't think anything I can say will do it justice but here goes.......

Having all met at 10.00 at the shop, Craig showed us where we could get changed, his staff were totally on the ball with everything and we were well looked after with food and drinks, the Ladies wasn't working so of course us lovely ladies got to use the mens toilets, having said that, they were spotless, nice to be greeted by someone holding towels for us too, albeit a mannakin with stormie lid on, so cool :). I'll miss out the bit about me putting facepaint on and Jimmy paying his visit!!!! oops, sorry. Anyway, after Nigel turned up, we all got together to discuss how this was going to work, we were all emerging at 11.00 to the sound of SW of course, but as time got near we could see through the one way window and it was totally packed out there! (Not sure the picture does it justice) But at 11.00 'cue the music' we emerged from the back room through the central aisle that they'd cleared for us and I don't think I, or any of us have ever experienced anything like it in our lives!!  Everyone was snapping away at us as we marched through, all I could hear was comments of  'how cool is this' 'this is awesome' 'this is fantastic' 'how good do they look'....and many more, we got to the front window and it was like we were famous, camera's up in the air taking shots and the queue for photo's was HUGE! All the way round the shop, some who'd been waiting nearly two hours. I've got to admit to it now, I struggled big style not to cry with the reaction, it felt so good I got all emotional but tears with purple facepaint wasn't recommended! And so our day began, photo after photo after photo, totally exhausting with very little respite in between, we had a break of course, but once out there they were relentless. The reaction will stay in my memory for a long long time and think everyone who was there agreed they'd never had that before...


Once photo queue settled a little it was out onto the mall and what a stir we caused, we virtually clogged it up with people for photo's, one lady was telling me they'd traveled 20 miles just to come see us as their son is SW mad, another lady was in tears at her son's reaction, he had a photo with me, asked me was Darth Vader there, his face lit up like a Christmas Tree when I said 'yes he's here',' look round there'! and off he went with his face beaming, leaving his Mother in tears of emotion and telling me they'd been waiting 8 weeks for this and traveled 40 miles as well. Lots of stories told like this, a few friends of mine passed too, said that we were great and the look on the faces of the kids was fantastic.



 Here we have Bill, Ian's mate from Optical Express on his knees, totally in the spirit of things, told us he was having not such a good day but we all totally brightened it up for him. Photographs and Video were taken by some of the staff in the shop and they're fantastic, video footage is waiting to be sorted but think it's going to be brilliant to see. This has to be the best Troop I've ever been on, certainly the most emotional and exciting, though I've enjoyed every single one for different reasons, this is truly the best. I can't put into words how it was or how it felt, but I got such a buzz out of it, I didn't want the day to end.


A big thank you to the Staff of That's Entertainment for all their hard work and friendliness, they made us so welcome, and of course Craig, well done to Craig for all his work in this, awesome dude :)

A big THANK YOU to our Crew members too, they did a fantastic job on the day, George did an amazing job with crowd control for photo’s, Lord Vader was impressed and Claire and evil Betty were fab too..thanks guys x

I'm just shutting up now, I could talk all day about it, let's just say AWESOME!!!!

And well done to everyone else too, to Ian, Daz and Jimmy who spent all Friday night putting together John's Armour so he could troop with us, an exhausting night for all. Nice to have John and Nate along with us for this one too, nice to meet you guys....

Ok..enough of this awesome, amazing, mindblowingly brilliant Troop

Love you guys

Marie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment